CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Receiving blankets

I got this pattern from a neighbor and it’s fantastic. A self-binding receiving blanket and it’s so easy.


DSC_0097


Now, I’m a beginner when it comes to sewing (and a lot of other things!). So you can see the “binding” isn’t entirely straight, but I did my best.


DSC_0098


To help the blanket stay together, I sewed some different sized stars in the middle. This was the first time I’d tried the pattern. Since then I’ve figured it out and it goes much better. Here are a couple more blankets I’ve done. I made some matching ones for a cousin who had twins.


DSC_0115


DSC_0116


DSC_0117


DSC_0118


DSC_0119


DSC_0120


I sewed stars in the center of these blankets too, but you can’t really see them. I love sewing and these are so simple that I was able to handle it! I’ll have to post a tutorial on these… give me some time to put it together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment